Healing the Heartbreak when
Dealing with Grief
This site is dedicated to acknowledging your heartache and sadness when dealing with grief and loss after the death of a significant person in your life. The grief support information is offered to help you in dealing with grief through this tough time.
I am sorry for the pain and sadness that you may be feeling at this moment. As I too have experienced great trauma, loss and sadness I would like to share with you some of the information, options and strategies that have helped me and many others in coping with grief to survive and to eventually adjust after the death of our loved ones.
Can you relate to particular emotions and feelings? Do you feel stuck and overwhelmed by your grief? Is the idea of grief counseling or support groups something you have tried or might like to find out more about? Have you thought about holistic and complimentary therapies? Do you find support in poems, music, books, family, friends or perhaps a massage? Can you talk about your pain with someone who is close to you? Have you been introduced to some of the wonderful aromas of pure essential oils and aromatherapy? These are just a few of the strategies we are going to look at. I also encourage you to tap into the activities that have previously given you a sense of purpose, joy, peace and love in your life. Use these to help your grief recovery.
I invite you to take whatever you feel comfortable with to help you in dealing with grief and to revisit Grief-Healing-Support.com from time to time as we both continue to develop and as you are ready to try something else that may help and support you in your healing.
The information in this site does not take the place of professional support. Please seek out appropriate professional help when you need it. You will know when that is.
May you find a place of peace and joy.
- OVERVIEW OF COMPLICATED GRIEF NOW KNOWN AS PROLONGED GRIEF DISORDER
- Normal grief processes sometimes become stuck. When emotional and physical symptoms continue unresolved for months and perhaps years you may be suffering from Complicated Grief
- THE STAGES OF GRIEF HELP US UNDERSTAND THE GRIEVING PROCESS
- The stages of grief and the grieving process while not lineal or the same for each person can help us understand what we are going through and what we may expect when we are grieving
- BEING MINDFUL AND MINDFULNESS EXERCISES FOR DEALING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS
- Being mindful and practicing mindfulness exercises can help you find calm and peace during times of grief and loss
- DEALING WITH STRESS TO HELP HEAL GRIEF
- Strategies for dealing with stress while we are grieving can be challenging yet can help us gain peace, balance and healing from grief and stress
- RELAXATION METHODS FOR DEALING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS
- Relaxation methods counteract the stress response and increase peace and contentment
- MEDITATION RELAXATION FOR DEALING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS
- Developing a regular meditation relaxation practice can help in dealing with grief and loss
- GRIEF AND DEPRESSION SIMILARITIES DIFFERENCES CONNECTIONS DEPRESSION HELP
- Grief and depression share similar symptoms. However, they are not the same. Depending on your circumstances and vulnerability to depression, grief may or may not lead to depression
- MANAGING ANXIETY AND GRIEF MADE A LITTLE EASIER
- Anxiety and grief are normal aspects of life yet can be debilitating. Anxiety management and anxiety self help strategies can help to soften the pain
- POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROME GRIEF AND PTSD TREATMENT
- Post traumatic stress syndrome is caused by a major traumatic event which is too painful to deal with. PTSD may also follow the traumatic death of a loved one.
- PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGIES WHEN DEALING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS
- The death of a loved one can create enormous problems on top of dealing with grief. Problem solving strategies may be needed for survival as well as for daily living
- CONTACT ME
- Contact Grief Healing Support to provide feedback or ask a question.